Puerto Rico Travel Guide
Puerto Rico is just two hours from the United States. It is a delicate balance between international charm and American territory. This island is a mix of Spanish, Indian, and African influences. It has sandy beaches, tropical forests, and a growing dining and nightclub scene. You can visit Puerto Rico by car, and you don’t have to take a ferry ride to the beautiful beaches of Culebra, or the sparkling waters of Vieques. To plan your Puerto Rico trip, read this Puerto Rico travel guide.
Puerto Rico: Things You Must See
* Hike in El Yunque Forest
* The best collection of Caribbean art is at the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico
• Take the Old San Juan trolley for free!
* Enjoy a day trip on the island of Culebra
* Explore the caves at Parque de las Cavernas del Rio Camuy
Playa Flamenco offers the best in sand-surfing
* Take a paddle through the Bioluminescent Bay at Vieques
Where to go to Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico has a mild climate all year, with temperatures around 80 degrees. The dry season is December through April. This is the peak season for Puerto Rico travel. This time of year, rates are the highest. August is the hottest and most rainy month in Puerto Rico. Summer through fall bring hurricane risk.
DO NOT MISS
- Take advantage of the free tram that runs through the city.
- Enjoying salsa performances at Old San Juan’s Nuyorican Café.
- The Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico is the largest Caribbean art museum at 130,000 square feet.