Belfast, Northern Ireland’s capital and home of the ill-fated RMS Titanic, was once a major shipbuilding hub. A specific generation may associate Belfast with war. But such judgments are outdated now.
Belfast, like the rest of Northern Ireland, has seen a tremendous development in recent decades thanks to the peace process and power-sharing governance. Year after year, visitors grow for a good cause. Expect a warm welcome, caustic wit, and a fascinating history.
A visit to the Titanic Quarter and other sites related to the doomed ship is a must. Victoria and Donegal Squares provide excellent shopping and eating options. Discover the city’s magnificent Victorian architecture, including the famed Albert Memorial Clock in Queen’s Square, and its many notable museums.
Make the most of your stay in Belfast by checking out our selection of top sites and activities.
1. Immerse Yourself in Maritime History at Titanic Belfast
2. Take in a Concert at Waterfront Hall
3. Explore Northern Ireland’s History at the Ulster Museum
4. Take a Free Tour of Belfast City Hall
5. The Botanic Gardens
6. Climb aboard HMS Caroline
7. St. Anne’s Cathedral
8. Spend a Night at the Grand Opera House
9. Take a Tour of Crumlin Road Gaol
10. Belfast Castle
11. See the Animals at Belfast Zoo
12. Stormont, The Parliament Buildings
13. Shop at St. George’s Market
14. W5 Interactive Discovery Centre